Book Title: Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-PN® Examination (Saunders Comprehensive Review for Nclex-Pn)
Author: Linda Anne Silvestri PhD RN
This truly unique, bestselling review and preparation resource offers the perfect combination of core content review, practice questions with comprehensive rationales, and detailed test-taking strategies and tips. Throughout the book, you’ll find Linda Silvestri’s hallmark Pyramid to Success learning features, which highlight key information, and more than 1,000 high-quality review questions that mirror the latest NCLEX-PN® test plan. The companion CD contains all of the questions from the book, plus over 2,600 additional practice questions in a flexible electronic format that allows you to customize your study experience and focus on those areas you need to review the most.
- Twelve pharmacology chapters, a medication and intravenous calculation chapter, and a pediatric medication administration chapter prepare you for the increase in pharmacology questions on the exam.
- 3,700 practice questions in the text and companion CD provide ample testing practice in both print and electronic format.
- Covers all types of alternate item format questions, including prioritizing, decision-making, and critical thinking to help you prepare for this crucial component of the exam.
- UNIQUE! The companion CD offers 3,700 practice questions that you can answer in both a study mode and an exam mode, as well as the option to answer only alternate item format questions or focus on questions in a specific area of nursing content, client needs, nursing process, or cognitive level.
- UNIQUE! Linda Silvestri’s hallmark test-taking strategies for each question offer important clues for analyzing and uncovering the correct answer option.
- UNIQUE! Page references to Mosby or Saunders textbooks provide specific resources for further study and self-remediation.
- Each question is categorized by cognitive level, client needs area, integrated process, and clinical content area to allow you to focus on your area of weakness.
- Pyramid Terms at the beginning of each chapter give you a quick preview of key content.
- Pyramid Points throughout the content outlines highlight content that typically appears on the exam.
- Pyramid to Success sections at the beginning of each chapter or major unit of the book provide an overview of the chapter, guidance and direction regarding the focus of review in each content area, and its relative importance to the most recent NCLEX-PN® text plan.
- A comprehensive exam in the text features 85 questions related to all content areas and parallels the percentages identified in the NCLEX-PN® test plan.
- Completely updated content reflects the April 2008 NCLEX-PN® test plan, so you can be sure you’re using the most current information to prepare for the exam.
- A user-friendly, 2-color design helps you focus your studying on the most important information.
- Additional illustrations visually demonstrate key concepts to help improve your retention and recall for the exam.
- Audio questions on heart and lung sounds familiarize you with this anticipated new type of alternate item format question.