Book Title: Tapping the Power of Personalized Learning: A Roadmap for School Leaders
Publisher: Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development
Author: James Rickabaugh
In this powerful new book, James Rickabaugh, former superintendent and current director of the Institute for Personalized Learning (IPL), presents the groundbreaking results of the Institute s half-decade of research, development, and practice: a simple but powerful model for personalizing students learning experiences by building their levels of commitment, ownership, and independence.
Tried and rigorously tested in urban, suburban, and rural districts--and in different academic and economic settings--the IPL model has been proven to enhance student engagement and achievement at all levels. Rickabaugh provides principals and other top-level leaders with
* Step-by-step guidance for implementing the model;
* A detailed overview of the research and work behind the model s development;
* A complete introduction to the heart of the model a comprehensive, multi-layered framework centered on the three core components of learner profiles, customized learning paths, and proficiency-based progress;
* Tools and activities for assessing and adjusting the model to meet the specific needs of students and staff;
* Strategies for increasing and reinforcing enthusiasm for the change process among everyone involved, from the classroom to the greater community; and
* An abundance of real-life examples and reflections from students, teachers, principals, and superintendents whose schools have flourished in record time and with minimal additional funding or resources.
Tapping the Power of Personalized Learning offers a blueprint that dramatically improves student outcomes and prepares today s learners to meet life s challenges in college and beyond.